James R has made it clear that he is no fan of DJ self, which is making some people question if he’s an opportunist. Well we have 5 things you didn’t know about James R. Read on…
We’ve already introduced you to James R over the weekend, but now we have a little more to tell you about the songwriter/R&B singer.
Mr. R Rated is definitely giving off those sexy Drake looks, but we think he’s a bit hotter. But hey, if Drake and James came in a combo package we would throw either of them out the bedroom. Right ladies? #OhLaLa #LordHelpUs
So far this season his motives have been in question since he looked a fool taking MariahLynn’s mic during her listening party. WTH James? This is about Mariah, NOT you bro? – To add more salt to his girls game, he insulted DJ Self, but it seems there’s some bad blood between them, or is he just the jealous type?
5. James R got his start in 2007, he was among the chosen few to represent Sean John’s “Faces of the Future” campaign, launching his face and name to the world. From there he became a model for Academics, King Mag, XXL and more.
4. Many refer James R as the new Drake.
3. He has an adorable daughter, which he loves very much. She it daddy’s little girl and he’s a great father. – He posted this caption “IM ALWAYS GONE HOLD YOU DOWN! THIS KINGDOM IS URS AND IM BUILDING IT FOR YOU NO HANDOUTS I BUILT THIS FOR U! #MYQUEEN #SJ #DADDYSGIRL”
2. He’s worked with Maino, Jim Jones, Dave East and opened for Juelz Santana. His biggest hit is “Gotta Go Get It” featuring Dave East. In 2015, hes teamed up with Remo the Hitmaker and Maino for the single, “That Ain’t Your B****.” Some say it’s the perfect song that describe his relationship with MariahLynn on LHH8.
1. James has a net worth of $200K which he’s struggled to work for modeling and making music. He’s an independent artist.
And our bonus reveal is the R is the first initial of his last name, aka Mr. R Rated. James confirmed that with us on Sunday.
We hope to speak with him soon to give you more facts. Until then, watch Love & Hip Hop 8 on VH1 at 8pm.